Friday, February 3, 2012

Alone? Never.

 Footprints

One night I dreamed a dream.
I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.
When the last scene of my life shot before me
I looked back at the footprints in the sand
And to my surprise,
I noticed that many times along the path of my life,
There was only one set of footprints.
I realized that this was at the lowest
And saddest part of my life.
This always bothered me
And I questioned the Lord about my dilemma.
"Lord, You told me when I decided to follow You,
You would walk and talk with me all the way.
But I'm aware that during the most troublesome times of my life
There is only one set of footprints
I just don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You leave me."
He whispered, 
"My precious child,
I love you and I will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings
When you saw only one set of footprints
It was then that I carried you."


I just don't understand why I ever forgot this story about the footprints in the sand. Why I ever felt that, sometime in my life, I was alone. Just then I remembered, God never left me. During that night, when I was so confused, when I felt the most pain, when I was crying like I won't stop, when I had noone to turn to, I said my sincerest prayers to God. Now, I realize that sometimes you need to feel pain so you'd remember that God is here. That He always is. 

I mean, when everything in my life was so perfect, when everything was running smoothly, I pray, I give thanks, and that's it. But that night, when I felt broken, when I thought my world stopped, that was the time that I sought Him with all my heart. That was when I asked Him so hard to come to me and help me. That was when I desperately asked Him to talk to me and give me answers.

I can't remember exactly where I read a quote that says brokenhearted people pray in ways a contented person cannot. I guess, that is true. Because the moment I felt like I hit rock bottom, I called and asked Him to lift me up and He did. He carried me. And not only that He told me that He will never leave me, He also showed me that a lot of people cares for me, my family and a lot of my true friends. Now, I am so happy to know that never will I be alone again.



[The poem "footprints" was written by Margaret Fishback Powers; Footprints: Scriptures with Reflections for Women] 
Special Thanks to Ms. Stacy Morilla for giving me that book.


No comments:

Post a Comment